Friday, September 3, 2010

I wanna be a Pirate!

Yarrr, okay I'm just practicing. So I've recently started playing Eve Online and I don't know for sure why I've held out after all these years as it seems like kick ass game so far. My route to Eve was in trying a 14 day free trial, after enjoying those 14 days, I looked further into it and saw that I could get a 21 day buddy account. I searched around and found some one on the MMORPG.COM forums that would pay me 10 million ISK to use his buddy code and another 100 milllion ISK if I was to then use that code and make a full account.  This of course allowed him to have 30 days of free game play. Well I did it and he paid up(not a very good pirate). If some how some one decides to read this and isn't already playing Eve and would like to give it a try then please do let know and I'll give you one of those 21 day free buddy keys along with some ISK(in game money) to get you started.

So I made a new character(Gallente) and started playing the game with no direction at all. I wanted(and still do to some degree) to do everything in the game. Eve has so many things to do, so my skill set was completely fucked up. I was learning some skills to help me fight, some to help me mine better and even some for some industrial shit and planetary interaction skills. Then since I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do but I had seen posted a few times in the newbie chat that Eve Uni was the corp to join to learn various facets of the game I jumped on it and joined them. So far so good and I've learned a few things, been in a few fleets and gotten on a few kill mails after only a week of being with them.

Well in the meantime while at work I've ran across a couple of Blogs from Eve Pirates, most notably Mynxee and Wensley. Reading their blogs has has made me want to become a Pirate. I felt like I had screwed my character up though as a Pirate doesn't need to know anything about mining or building shit, they just need to know about blowing shit up or scaring some one into thinking they are going to blow their shit up enough that they pay you not to.

So at this point I was in a dilemma, after 2 weeks of training and just getting out of my bonus training time I could start learning skills towards becoming a pirate on my initial guy or I could make a new one and start training correctly on it while continuing to learn in Eve Uni. Well I chose the latter, so at this time I have like 4 days of training going on Alister Fiend, needless to say I am a long ass ways to becoming a Pirate like those I've mentioned above.

At this time I'm biding my time and learning what I can from the Uni on my first character while training up all my training skills on my wanna be Pirate. I can only get drunk and invision the glory days before me, although with a game like Eve that could be in a year before I actually get in on any good Pirating, but I'm in it for the long haul.

I've thought about seeking out some Pirates to learn the trade from, however that scares me, because if you've heard anything about Eve Online, the most important thing you have learned is to not trust anyone. So I just know that I'd have some Pirates invite me out to teach me some tricks and then of course blow my ship up and then try to pod me to teach me that first lesson of not trusting anyone.

I hope to keep you updated in my trials ahead and I'm sure you can expect more rambling from a wanna be drunken pirate in the future, until then keep pew pewing away and fly reckless.

No comments:

Post a Comment