Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm dieing inside

So I'm still trudging along in E-Uni in game, but it's killing me. There are never any fleets going out when I'm online and so that leaves me just sitting around playing fiddlestix or tickling my left nut.  I've become what I don't want to be, a missioner!  That's right mission running is my Eve life atm. I log in, see if there is a spider fleet to join so that I can gain standing in more then one corp and then I start running missions, I hate it, but I don't know any other way to gain money.  Tomorrow I'll log in and be able to fly a hurricane and fit it up to go and do some lvl 3 missions, ugh.  But it's better then lvl 2 missions that I'm currently doing in a Rifter.

So the question I ask is how do you go about making money in this game, enough to be able to support a pirate, sure I could just go start being a pirate, but if I failed often, which I expect to do, then after about 10 ships I'm out of em.  At that point I'd be stuck being a pirate without a ship, which pretty much means I'm not much of anything in Eve.  

At this point I am still wanting to learn some stuff from the Uni, but I haven't learnt anything so far, the classes that they have always occur while I'm at work or asleep, they don't seem to have them for the US evening time zones. WTF?  I spent over a month in a queue to join a corp that would teach me stuff, but they only teach stuff to people without jobs or that live in Europe. I've seen a fleet start up twice in the 2 weeks I've been in the Uni, both times at around 12-1 am when I'm logging out.  The last two weeks I've spent 10+ hrs mission running on my 2 days off never to see a class or a fleet during that 10 hr period.

I'm starting to think I'll be better off by just heading out to lowsec and start trying to kill people that are more newb then I or that I can bluff into thinking is more newb then I am.  It's like I'm a wanna be pirate serving in the armed forces during peace time...help!

1 comment:

  1. Yes I also applied to join E-UNI when I first started playing EVE. And I waited and waited and waited to get to the top of the application list. Then just about when I got to 1st I didn't even bother anymore.
    The E-Uni is a good idea on paper. Teaching and helping new players. In practice I don't think it works anymore because of the size of the Corporation it attracts to many Wardecs just for grief. Probably too much of a rigid structure for my liking.
    So I started my own Corporation instead (which I started to describe in my own blog)
    Problem is.. just like you, it's lonely out there. On the other hand.. I don't get paranoid about other Corp member ripping off the coffers.

    ReplyDelete